Just a quick one today, as I wanted to share one of my new favourite breakfasts with you! Credit of this one goes to my boyfriend, who started having this as part of a healthy eating kick he’s been doing recently. And I’ve been enjoying it so much that I’ve had complaints about using up all his yoghurt!
Essentially, the idea behind this one is no carbs, low fat and a bit of protein. So we have our low fat Greek yoghurt (if you buy the Fage brand, they haven’t made up for low fats with lots of sugars), our mixed seeds and a little bit of honey. I’ve also added fruit into the mix and you can be really quite creative with this! I’d say banana is a must because it’ll fill you up for the morning. I always add blueberries if I have them in the house, and have tried it with strawberries an mango before as well.
I wasn’t sure about whether I was going to post this because it is such a simple combination, but as Italian food nicely demonstrates, sometimes the basics done right give the best results! So I hope you enjoy this simple but delicious combination 🙂
- 1 banana, chopped
- 1 serving of low fat greek yoghurt
- Sprinkling of mixed seeds
- 1 small handful of blueberries
- 1 tsp honey
- Any other fruit you fancy! (strawberries, raspberries and mangos all work well)
How to make it
- Put the chopped banana in a bowl and layer up with the low fat Greek yoghurt, mixed seeds, blueberries and any other fruit that takes your fancy.
- Drizzle the honey over the top.